ARE DUI LAWYERS REALLY NECESSARY FOR A DUI CHARGE?
A DUI lawyer is absolutely necessary! DUI cases can be some of the most complex criminal cases. Furthermore, the courts usually won’t proceed with DUI or DWI charges unless you have a DUI Lawyer or have waived your right to counsel. Therefore, you should hire a DUI Lawyer you can trust. Especially, one with experience handling DUI cases. The Attorneys of Goff Voltin, PLLC have tried numerous DUI charges in Newport News, Hampton, Williamsburg, James City County, York County, Isle of Wight, and many other jurisdictions in Hampton Roads. Call us today to discuss your pending DUI charge.
DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE
Driving under the influence (DUI/DWI) Which is, commonly referred to as driving while intoxicated (DWI), is an extremely complex area of the law. We have experience and a solid foundation of knowledge of the laws concerning DUI/DWI. The lawyers at Goff Voltin, PLLC have handled numerous cases of DUI/DWI. We have spent countless hours pouring over the code to better understand the intricacies of the laws which prohibit DUI/DWI.
- Simply put, DUI/DWI is the operation of a motor vehicle while under the influence of an intoxicating substance. Typically, people associate drinking alcohol with DUI/DWI. There are other drugs and intoxicating substances which may lead to a charge of DUI/DWI. Although, the actual offense of DUI/DWI is the driving or operation of a motor vehicle (car, motorcycle, ATV, riding lawn mower, etc.) while:
- (1) firstly, having a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08 grams or more per 210 liters;
- (2)furthermore, being under the influence of alcohol, narcotic, intoxicant, or drug to a degree which impairs the driver’s ability to operate the motor vehicle;
- (3) to include, having a blood concentration of any of the following substances at a level that is equal to or greater than:
- 0.02 milligrams of cocaine per liter of blood;
- 0.1 milligrams of methamphetamine (commonly referred to as “meth”) per liter of blood;
- 0.01 milligrams of phencyclidine (commonly referred to as “PCP” or “angel dust”) per liter of blood; or
- 0.1 milligrams of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (commonly referred as “MDMA” or “ecstacy”) per liter of blood.
Anyone could find themselves facing criminal charges. In fact, a criminal charge can have lasting effects on the lives of those with such charges on their records. However, in order to effectively handle a serious legal situation, individuals often need to understand what they are facing. If you have a criminal law charge in Newport News, Hampton, Williamsburg, Yorktown or the rest of the Hampton Roads area, call the criminal defense attorneys at Goff Voltin, PLLC today.
To speak with one of our team members, please feel free to call us at (757) 369-2415 or fill out our contact form below.
WE OFFER CRIMINAL LAW SERVICES IN NEWPORT NEWS, HAMPTON, WILLIAMSBURG, YORKTOWN AND THE REST OF THE HAMPTON ROADS AREA.
CRIMINAL DEFENSE AREAS
CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON
Malicious Wounding or Maiming
Assault & Battery
Domestic Assault and Battery
CRIMES AGAINST PROPERTY
Threats to Bomb or Burn
Larceny & Shoplifting
Obtaining Money by False Pretense
Destruction of Property
CRIMES INVOLVING FRAUD
Impersonation of a Law Enforcement Officer
Obtaining Money Though False Pretenses
Obtaining Signature by False Pretense
False Representations to Obtain Property or Credit
Credit Card Offenses
CRIMES INVOLVING HEALTH & SAFETY
Driving Under the Influence (DUI/DWI)
CRIMES INVOLVING MORALS AND DECENCY
CRIMES AGAINST PEACE AND ORDER
CRIMES AGAINST THE ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
Speak with a lawyer today and begin the process of preparing your case
ATTORNEYS OF GOFF VOLTIN
732 Thimble Shoals Blvd., Suite 903
Newport News, Virginia 23606
Phone: (757) 369-2415
Fax: (757) 806-6920