Crimes Involving Fraud
If any person:
- Within 90 days,
- Issues two or more checks,
- Which have a total value of $200 or more and which
- are drawn upon the same account of any bank,
- And are made payable to the same person or company
- is guilty of a Class 6 felony, punishable by up to five years in prison and up to a $2,500 fine.
VIRGINIA CODE: http://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title18.2/chapter6/section18.2-181.1/
Anyone could find themselves facing criminal charges. A criminal charge can have lasting effects on the lives of those with such charges on their records. In order to effectively handle a serious legal situation, individuals often need to understand what they are facing. If you have a criminal law charges in Newport News, Hampton, Williamsburg, Yorktown or the rest of the Hampton Roads area, call the criminal defense attorneys at Goff Voltin, PLLC today.