CONTEMPT OF COURT
Violation of any court order, including a custody/visitation order or order to pay child support, is punishable as contempt of court.
The courts and judges may issue attachments for contempt, and punish them summarily, only in the cases following:
(1) Misbehavior in the presence of the court, or so near thereto as to obstruct or interrupt the administration of justice;
(2) Violence, or threats of violence, to a judge or officer of the court, or to a juror, witness or party going to, attending or returning from the court, for or in respect of any act or proceeding had or to be had in such court;
(3) Vile, contemptuous or insulting language addressed to or published of a judge for or in respect of any act or proceeding had, or to be had, in such court, or like language used in his presence and intended for his hearing for or in respect of such act or proceeding;
(4) Misbehavior of an officer of the court in his official character;
(5) Disobedience or resistance of an officer of the court, juror, witness or other person to any lawful process, judgment, decree or order of the court.
Anyone could find themselves facing criminal charges. In fact, a criminal charge can have lasting effects on the lives of those with such charges on their records. However, in order to effectively handle a serious legal situation, individuals often need to understand what they are facing. If you have a criminal law charge in Newport News, Hampton, Williamsburg, Yorktown or the rest of the Hampton Roads area, call the criminal defense attorneys at Goff Voltin, PLLC today.
WE OFFER CRIMINAL LAW SERVICES IN NEWPORT NEWS, HAMPTON, WILLIAMSBURG, YORKTOWN AND THE REST OF THE HAMPTON ROADS AREA.
CRIMINAL DEFENSE AREAS
CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON
CRIMES AGAINST PROPERTY
CRIMES INVOLVING FRAUD
Impersonation of a Law Enforcement Officer
Obtaining Money Though False Pretenses
Obtaining Signature by False Pretense
False Representations to Obtain Property or Credit
Credit Card Offenses
CRIMES INVOLVING HEALTH & SAFETY
CRIMES INVOLVING MORALS AND DECENCY
CRIMES AGAINST PEACE AND ORDER
CRIMES AGAINST THE ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
Speak with a lawyer today and begin the process of preparing your case