CREDIT CARD OFFENSES
CREDIT CARD THEFT
- A person is guilty of credit card theft when:
- He takes, obtains, or withholds a credit card or credit card number from the possession or control of another, or uses such card with knowledge it has been stolen; or
- He receives a credit card or credit card number that he knows to have been lost, mislaid, or delivered under a mistake to the identity or address of the cardholder, or
- He, not being the issuer, sells a credit card or credit card number or buys a credit card from a person other than the issuer, or
- During any twelve month period, receives credit cards or credit card numbers issued in the names of two or more persons which he has reason to believe were obtained from a person other than the issuer.
CREDIT CARD FORGERY
- A person is guilty of credit card forgery when:
- With intent to defraud, he falsely makes or employs as true a purported credit card, or
- Not being the cardholder, with intent to defraud the issuer, signs a credit card, or
- Not being the cardholder, with the intent to defraud, uses a credit card number or employs as true a forged draft knowing it to be forged.
- A person falsely makes a credit card when he makes or draws, a device or instrument which purports to be the credit card because the issuer did not authorize the making or drawing, or alters a credit card which was validly issued.
Anyone could find themselves facing criminal charges. In fact, a criminal charge can have lasting effects on the lives of those with such charges on their records. However, in order to effectively handle a serious legal situation, individuals often need to understand what they are facing. If you have a criminal law charge in Newport News, Hampton, Williamsburg, Yorktown or the rest of the Hampton Roads area, call the criminal defense attorneys at Goff Voltin, PLLC today.
WE OFFER CRIMINAL LAW SERVICES IN NEWPORT NEWS, HAMPTON, WILLIAMSBURG, YORKTOWN AND THE REST OF THE HAMPTON ROADS AREA.
CRIMINAL DEFENSE AREAS
CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON
CRIMES AGAINST PROPERTY
CRIMES INVOLVING FRAUD
Impersonation of a Law Enforcement Officer
Obtaining Money Though False Pretenses
Obtaining Signature by False Pretense
False Representations to Obtain Property or Credit
Credit Card Offenses
CRIMES INVOLVING HEALTH & SAFETY
CRIMES INVOLVING MORALS AND DECENCY
CRIMES AGAINST PEACE AND ORDER
CRIMES AGAINST THE ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
Speak with a lawyer today and begin the process of preparing your case