Reckless Driving is a major moving traffic violation. It is usually a more serious offense than improper driving, careless driving, or driving without due care and attention. This crime is often punishable by fines, imprisonment, or driver’s license suspension or revocation.
There are a number of different statutes which address the offense of a major moving traffic violation. Furthermore, these are some of the more common ways a person can be charged with this specific traffic violation:
- Firstly, Exceeding 80 miles per hour (mph) while driving within the boundaries of the Commonwealth;
- Exceeding the maximum posted speed limit by 20 miles per hour (mph) or more;
- Moreover, driving a vehicle not under proper control;
- Also, driving a vehicle with inadequate or improperly adjusted brakes;
- Driving too fast for the highway or traffic conditions;
- Lastly, Passing a stopped yellow school bus with the warning devices signaling the bus is taking on or discharging children, the elderly, or mentally or physically handicapped persons.
Let us bring our experience to the table to handle your reckless driving charges. To speak with one of our team members, please feel free to call us at (757) 369-2415 or fill out our contact form below.
WE OFFER TRAFFIC LAW SERVICES IN NEWPORT NEWS, HAMPTON, WILLIAMSBURG,
YORKTOWN AND THE REST OF THE HAMPTON ROADS AREA.
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
Speak with a lawyer today and begin the process of preparing your case