CRIMES INVOLVING FRAUD
Impersonation of a Law Enforcement Officer
Any person who:
- false assumes or exercises the functions, powers, duties, and privileges of a
- sheriff, police officer, marshal, or other peace officer, or of a federal law-enforcement officer, or who
- false assumes or pretends to be such an officer,
- is guilty of impersonating a law enforcement officer.
A first offense is a Class 1 misdemeanor, punishable by up to 12 months in jail and a $2,500 fine.
- A subsequent offense is punishable as a Class 6 felony.
Representation by criminal defense attorney is always recommended.