CRIMES INVOLVING FRAUD
False Representations to Obtain Property or Credit
A person shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor if he:
- Makes, causes to be made, or conspires to make…
- any materially false statement in writing,
- knowing it to be false and
- intending it to be relied upon
- concerning the financial condition of himself…
- to obtain property or credit.
This statute is punishable by up to 12 months in jail and/or a $2,500 fine.
- If the person intends to defraud, he shall be guilty of grand larceny if the amount received is greater than $200.